From: jhuber@ellsworth.nlxcorp.com
Subject: Re: VxWorks memory error when closing ADA file
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:37:23 GMT
Date: 2001-04-24T15:37:23+00:00	[thread overview]

I am using:
        VxWorks 5.3.1
        Green Hills ADA compiler 1.8.8E
        PPC 604 target
        SUN Sparc host
        Tornado 1.0.1

I know that the file size is not getting too large as there are larger log
files using the same procedures that do not produce any VxWorks errors.
Moreover, by using VxWorks, I found that the most memory ever used is 3/4
of the total available.  (However, the apps normally only consume about
half of the available memory.)  The only concern I have with memory is a
slight fragmentation problem.

Also, if the entire file appears to get written from target's RAM to the
file on the host, could there be a problem with the memory?  Just for an
example, is VxWorks allowed to define a memory partition if some portion
of this partition spills over into "protected" regions?  Or, could some
memory be corrupt?

Typical error messages (taken on two different occasions) are:

0x13c0cb8 (executive): memPartFree: invalid block 0x13ed1f0 in partition
0x224804.
0x1a9d1c0 (executive): memPartFree: invalid block 0x1ad6100 in partition
0x224804.