From: Wesley Groleau <wesgroleau@despammed.com>
Subject: Re: the Ada mandate, and why it collapsed and died (was): 64 bitaddressing and OOP
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:53:37 -0500
Date: 2003-04-25T22:53:37-05:00	[thread overview]

> things that succeed because they are cheap, not quality.  People

I read a story today about a shop owner who
was told his ailing business would thrive
if he would just put up a sign about speaking
Spanish.  He declined because he didn't want
to deceive anyone.  The "advisor" gave him a
sign that said
  "No hablamos espa�ol, pero vendemos barato"
It worked!
  (We don't speak Spanish, but we sell cheap."

> fairly frequently.  I will say XP is about as close to a Mac as Windows
> has ever been.  I use XP but I haven't done any development on it so far,

I'm a long-time Mac fan, but I must disagree.
WinXP is reliable, but it stinks for a lot of
other reasons.  Win2K and WinNT however, we're
approaching "decent."  I was getting really
irritated at Apple for letting Redmond pass them
up in the reliability department.  I think they
released OS X (Unix core) barely in time to save
themselves from following Amiga to near oblivion.