From: clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley)
Subject: Re: AVR GCC/GNAT port quality ?
Date: 26 Jun 2007 12:10:27 -0500
Date: 2007-06-26T12:10:27-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <u3b0e6g97.fsf@stephe-leake.org>, Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:

> I don't know about the AVR port in particular, but AdaCore in general
> offers a very high quality product, both the compiler/runtime and the
> support. I would assume the AVR port would be equally high quality.
>
> If you anticipate buying their support for this project, you should
> ask for an evaluation copy, and try it out.

Thanks for responding.

[This is for a personal project BTW, so there's no commercial support
required.]

I'd developed in the impression the the AVR port was a community based port
and not an official ACT one which is why I was curious about the port
quality.

I use the FSF GCC Ada compiler on various OS's and architectures, and I
agree about it's quality, but this is the first time that I'm thinking
of using it on something as small as a microcontroller.

Since no one has made any negative comments, I think that trying it on
a small project will be the next step.

Simon.

Microsoft: Bringing you 1980's technology to a 21st century world