From: srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian)
Subject: Re: Calling DoD
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 14:13:06 GMT
Date: 1994-09-15T14:13:06+00:00	[thread overview]

>This doesn't sound like the kind of phone call that will generate meaningful
>data in a couple of months...

Fine, then put forth another set of questions to be asked.  In fact, put
forth another measure of Ada success (for example, how many people in the
DoD can spell "Ada", anything), but for too, too, too long Ada policies
have been set and funded without measuring anything.  There is no way to
assess the success or failure of anything involving Ada inside the DoD
because no one is measuring anything in a systematic way.

I have been posting measures I feel are important, and everyone shoots
them down.  Fine, someone else propose something and lets measure it (are
there must exist one meaningful, measurable number we can calculate -
after all the STARS programs has been making endless similar claims for
years though no one actually measures over there either).

   But if the proposed DualUse plan can mention goals like increasing
something 11%, a pretty specific figure, then obviously DISA believes
something can be measured, though they have no provisions to measure
anything either.

Greg Aharonian