From: world!srctran@uunet.uu.net  (Gregory Aharonian)
Subject: Re: Yet another example of failure of a language
Date: 13 May 93 04:11:02 GMT	[thread overview]

>Too late, I'm afraid, as Computer Language has just gone under.  This
>is obviously due to their continued emphasis on C and C++ programming,
>an approach that is doomed to failure in the Non-Munditoed World.

Bob,
	Get your head out of the sand and start doing a serious
demographic survey.  You will find that there are twenty more times
C/C++ jobs than Ada jobs in the non-Mandated world, fifteen times more
C/C++ companies, fifteen times more C/C++ products, ten times more C/C++
code being reused, and twenty times more C/C++ language use in
university research efforts, and that these numbers have held for the
last five years.
	If you, or anyone else inside the Mandated world, made a honest
effort to measure such statistics, the results would be no different:
Ada is dead outside the Mandated world.
	With regards to Computer Language, they sent their computer
language specific stuff over to Dr. Dobb's Journal, and are forming a
new magazine on software engineering.  SUbscribers will pick up Dr.
Dobb's subscriptions (heavily C/C++) and get the new magazine for free.
On top of which, there are half a dozen other journals heavily C/C++
oriented, and a thriving C/C++ industry WHERE PEOPLE SPEND THEIR OWN
MONEY.

	You called this one wrong.

Greg
Greg Aharonian