From: srctran@world.std.com (Gregory Aharonian)
Subject: Re: stars.rosslyn.unisys.com ??? ftp still avail ?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1993 15:00:06 GMT
Date: 1993-03-10T15:00:06+00:00	[thread overview]

      From what I hear (since they hate speaking to the public) much
of the SAIC stuff and crew found a new hangout at ASSET.  But since the
DoD has allowed ASSET to exist for at least a year, and not once broadcast a
single item of info to comp.lang.ada (stay tuned for a nice critique of
ASSET), who knows where any of that stuff is now.
	This constant stream of questions on comp.lang.ada asking where
these repositories are, what they are doing, where components are (like CAMP),
and other practical aspects of reuse just reinforces my claim that most
of the DoD software reuse efforts are being mismanaged.  There should be
a monthly FAQ from each of these groups on comp.lang.ada at a minimum,
if nothing else, to let us know they still exist.  Why the DoD tolerates
this is incredible.

Greg Aharonian
Source Translation & Optimization
Greg Aharonian