* Selected Reuse Library Listing
@ 1993-06-21 22:10 Calvin W. Huey
From: Calvin W. Huey @ 1993-06-21 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

                  Selected ASSET Reuse Library Listings
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     There are currently 254 assets available from the ASSET Reuse Library.
These assets include software, ranging in size from small Ada packages to
large systems of related software tools; and documents, covering software
topics such as software engineering and software reuse.  Most of the assets
(83%) are available to the general public; the rest have distribution
restricted to government agencies and their contractors.

     A selected list of the available assets follows.  You must open an
account with ASSET in order to extract assets from the library.  For more
information and/or a full catalog send email to: info@source.asset.com.

   Domain:  Ada Standards and Bindings

ASSET_A_329  Available Ada Bindings
ASSET_A_337  Ada Binding to Adobe Font Metrics
ASSET_A_247  Ada Binding to Xmodem & Kermit Network Protocols
ASSET_A_147  Ada/Operating System Interface
ASSET_A_159  Ada/SQL Bindings
ASSET_A_162  Ada/X Toolkit
ASSET_A_417  Ada/PCTE Binding
ASSET_A_241  Computer Graphics/Graphic Kernal System (GKS)

   Domain: Math Utilities

ASSET_A_404  Cobol-Like Pictures for Ada I/O
ASSET_A_402  Generic Elementary Math Functions
ASSET_A_411  Generic Math Functions, V 3.25
ASSET_A_119  Matrix Package, V 1.0

   Domain:  Software Development (Tools)

ASSET_A_235  Ada Composer: Ada Design Tool Using OOD
ASSET_A_202  Ada Static Structure Evaluation Tool
ASSET_A_199  Ada Program Flow Analysis Tool
ASSET_A_243  Configuration Management Assistant (CMA) for Ada
ASSET_A_415  Environment/Tool Integrator, V. 1.1
ASSET_A_248  Parser Builder
ASSET_A_220  Rapid Storage/Retrieval of Reusable Components
ASSET_A_101  Revision Control System (RCS) V. 4.2
ASSET_A_229  Text Editor Written in Ada

   Domains:  Software Engineering and Software Reuse

ASSET_A_163  Analysis of Existing Software Engineering Environments
ASSET_A_251  Asset Library Open Architecture Framework (ALOAF), V. 1.2
ASSET_A_349  CARDS Component and Tool Developers Handbook, V 3-93
ASSET_A_299  Cleanroom Engineering Software Development Process
ASSET_A_314  Conceptual Framework for Reuse Processes - STARS Reuse Concepts,V.
1
ASSET_A_198  Document Requirements for the Software-First Life Cycle
ASSET_A_177  Domain Analysis Process Model
ASSET_A_252  Evaluating Reusable Software Assets: Criteria and Procedures
ASSET_A_312  FAR and Budget/Finance Impacts on Reusable Software
ASSET_A_171  Life Cycle Modeling Lessons Learned
ASSET_A_180  Reusability Guidelines
ASSET_A_413  Reuse Economics Spreadsheep Model
ASSET_A_466  Reuse Library Framework (RLF) Source Code, Version 4.1
ASSET_A_179  SEE Demonstration Report
ASSET_A_255  Software Process Tools and Techniques Evaluation Report
ASSET_A_439  Synthesis Reuse Process Guide

* Re: Selected Reuse Library Listing
@ 1993-06-23 14:23 Gregory Aharonian
From: Gregory Aharonian @ 1993-06-23 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

>                  Selected ASSET Reuse Library Listings
>     A selected list of the available assets follows.

This after three years of ASSET funding.  Too little, too late, for too
many tax dollars, while not locating too much DoD Ada code.  Results like
this in the corporate world would get you fired.
 Greg Aharonian
 Source Translation & Optimization
 P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178

* Re: Selected Reuse Library Listing
@ 1993-06-23 16:21 agate!howland.reston.ans.net!usc!sdd.hp.com!network.ucsd.edu!mvb.saic.com
From: agate!howland.reston.ans.net!usc!sdd.hp.com!network.ucsd.edu!mvb.saic.com @ 1993-06-23 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg,
grow up!  Stop trashing everyone who tries to help the Ada
community.  You have been making snide comments about their
not doing it, now when they do, you trash them.  you might
consider that the people doing this now, are new and not
responsible for past policy decisions.  I don't know thats
true, but neither do i know its false, do you?

Am I alone in thinking this forum is for more than
juvinile emotional venting!!!

jim hopper

* Re: Selected Reuse Library Listing
@ 1993-06-23 22:00 Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1993-06-23 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <209vuo$ctq@dayub.dayton.saic.com> James Hopper <Hopper@dayton.saic.
com> writes:

>Am I alone in thinking this forum is for more than
>juvinile emotional venting!!!

No, you're not. That's why I decided a couple of weeks ago to simply
not make any public responses in the flame wars. I think if we just all
decided to ignore flames, the flamers would cease getting our attention
and go back to work. It's not always easy to hold my tongue (rather, my
fingers :-)), but I'll keep trying. I recommend it.

If you feel impelled to answer Greg or any other flamer, there's
always e-mail. Do it privately.

End of public post!

Cheers -

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  co-chair, SIGAda Education Committee
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5253 (voice) - 202-994-5296 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
"Pork is what those other guys get from the Government."

* Re: Selected Reuse Library Listing
@ 1993-06-24 13:30 agate!dog.ee.lbl.gov!network.ucsd.edu!mvb.saic.com!dayton.saic.com!data.a
From: agate!dog.ee.lbl.gov!network.ucsd.edu!mvb.saic.com!dayton.saic.com!data.a @ 1993-06-24 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael,
Basically i agree we should just ignore the flamers. I have
practiced that for a long time with people like Ted who
oviously have nothing to contribute but noise.  Greg is at
least good enough to critisize. as several people have
pointed out he does have good information and ideas its
just that lately it seems they are getting lost in the noise
of his emotions.  i could wish he would get hold of himself.

secondly, this post was special as it was attacking someone
who was providing excellent information to this group and
appears to be new to it, at least as relates to posting
this info.  letting people like greg attack them, and leaving
it unanswered can imply agreement in the eyes of necommers.
i guess i felt it was like he was being rude to a very
welcome guest, and i didnt want that guest to go away
mad!

Sorry if i wasted bandwidth in doing it.  But unopposed claims
like gregs can be very damaging to the industry when read by
newcomers who don't know gregs background.  Perhaps we should
set up a designated answerer to post a single resoned response
to each of gregs flames of this type ;-)  jim