* Re: Public Ada Library (PAL) FAQ
@ 1993-06-20 16:01 Gregory Aharonian
From: Gregory Aharonian @ 1993-06-20 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Rick's FAQ, which I find quite excellent, is the kind of marketing and
evangelizing that makes an idea (in this case Ada reuse) successful.
His marketing and evangelizing, a mostly voluntary undertaking, just goes
to reinforce how little return the country is getting from the DoD reuse
centers at ASSET/VCOE/DSRO.  Their funding sould be halted, and if spent,
have it spent by Rick.  Why the STARS program tolerates the waste going on
at ASSET is beyond understanding.  They post nothing to the Internet,
their collections reflection no interest in active solicitation of reusble
software, they make no use of information distribution technology like
CD-ROMs, their customer support features (800 numbers) are extravagant
lavious ways to spend tax dollars, etc.

    Shut them down, and give them money to Rick.
 Greg Aharonian
 Source Translation & Optimization
 P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178

* Re: Public Ada Library (PAL) FAQ
@ 1993-06-21 13:08 John Cobarruvias
From: John Cobarruvias @ 1993-06-21 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <SRCTRAN.93Jun20110142@world.std.com> srctran@world.std.com
(Gregory Aharonian) writes:

DO SOMETHING THAT WOULD HELP GREG, WRITE YOUR DAMN CONGRESSMAN. NOT C.L.A!

>    Rick's FAQ, which I find quite excellent, is the kind of marketing
and
>evangelizing that makes an idea (in this case Ada reuse) successful.
>His marketing and evangelizing, a mostly voluntary undertaking, just goes
>to reinforce how little return the country is getting from the DoD reuse
>centers at ASSET/VCOE/DSRO.  Their funding sould be halted, and if spent,
>have it spent by Rick.  Why the STARS program tolerates the waste going
on
>at ASSET is beyond understanding.  They post nothing to the Internet,
>their collections reflection no interest in active solicitation of
reusble
>software, they make no use of information distribution technology like
>CD-ROMs, their customer support features (800 numbers) are extravagant
>lavious ways to spend tax dollars, etc.
>
>    Shut them down, and give them money to Rick.
>--

> Greg Aharonian
> Source Translation & Optimization
> P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178

John R. Cobarruvias, Texas A&M Class of '78,
NASA Johnson Space Center Houston Tx.
(713)483-9357

"Your pain will be legendary" (Hellraiser I)
"And to think..................I hesitated" (Hellraiser II)
"These pins are killing me!" (Pinhead in Hellraiser IV)