From: world!srctran@decwrl.dec.com  (Gregory Aharonian)
Subject: Re: Defending Greg
Date: 18 Jun 93 03:02:02 GMT	[thread overview]

>From: James Hopper <Hopper@dayton.saic.com>
>
>I know that when his posts devolve into rants (especially
>when he identifies with ted holden) make me very learly of
>using his reuse service.  But I can take all that much better

James,
	You make an idle promise.  In the last three years, I have
been approached four times by people from SAIC around the country
asking for my help in locating reusable Ada packages for their
projects.  Each time, after some personal expense in assembling
the information, I was told that SAIC didn't want to spend the
money for the charges I would have to incur in supplying the reusable
Ada code.  I finally contacted a friend who is a secior researcher
at one of your California facilities who told me, like that of most
other Defense contractors, that use of consultants at any cost and
even where there was a clear cost benefit, was frowned upon by
SAIC management.  It was his suggestion to ignore anyone contacting
me from SAIC becuase in the end, there would be no business.

So I suppose I might change my style if it would lead to business,
but my experiences being a nice guy lost me a ton of money pursuing
dead-end opportunities with companies like SAIC.

With regards to troughing, not knowing you, I'll give you the benefit
of the doubt and assume you are a fine, upstanding, government
contractor.  But unlike you, there are many others who are "wallowing
at the government trough", which is inexcusable behavior of waste
of taxpayers dollars.

And if you can find an example of one of my accusations that is false
about wasteful and inefficient Ada policies and activities of government
employees, , let me and others know about it.   Put up or shut up.

 Greg Aharonian
 Source Translation & Optimization
 P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178