From: cs.widener.edu!eff!world!srctran@g.ms.uky.edu  (Gregory Aharonian)
Subject: Re: Revised List of non-Defense Ada Projects
Date: 6 Feb 93 04:41:08 GMT	[thread overview]

>>    This paucity of non-government Ada projects only reinforces the
>>message that Ada is very, very slowly making inroads into the
>>non-Mandated world.  I am sure many inside the DoD celebrate this
>>list as a measure of success, which further delays any meaningful
>>reform of Ada software policies.
>>
>Kvetch, kvetch, kvetch.
>
>I have no idea whether the list is exhaustive. Neither do you.
>It contains _a_ list of those projects of which I am aware. Can
>you make a list of all the projects in other languages? Of course not!

Actually Mike, for far less money than was wasted on the Mosemann
studies, I could make such a list of commercial projects by company,
language and year (which allow the DoD to accurately measure the rate
of Ada assimilation in the non-mandate world).  Since I have enough
information about government and university such efforts (or at least
enough raw data to safely statistically extrapolate ( :-)  ), I suppose
I could handle the commercial world.

By the way, is "kvetch" Yiddish for government waste?

Greg Aharonian

Greg Aharonian
Source Translation & Optimiztion
P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178