From: world!srctran@uunet.uu.net  (Gregory Aharonian)
Subject: Re: Life Cycle. (was: going to Honolulu)
Date: 21 Aug 93 05:22:50 GMT	[thread overview]

>"an earlier" - is this the phantom report again?

   I am giving SEI a chance to figure their screwup on their own, and
come clean by themselves.  A few more weeks though  (timely before Tri-Ada)
and I will help them out.  Hint:  L-I-B-R-A-R-Y.

>This is precisely why the DoD has begun to require information on software
>costs as a line item.  Sounds to me like they working the problem.  What do
>you expect - instant solutions?  Like the national debt will be retired this
>year, too...

Ten years into Ada and they finally get around to doing this, something
the GAO called for over four years ago?  A competent businessmen would
have done this from day one, especially after making such outrageous
claims about the benefits of Ada.  I agree it is a good idea, just ten
years and billions of dollars too late.
 Greg Aharonian                                      srctran@world.std.com
 Source Translation & Optimization                            617-489-3727
 P.O. Box 404, Belmont, MA 02178