From: world!srctran@uunet.uu.net  (Gregory Aharonian)
Subject: Critique of Mosemann studies
Date: 28 Aug 91 05:12:27 GMT	[thread overview]

      I am preparing a critique of the Mosemann studies on Ada and C++
(unfortunately without seeing the text, just comments).  Before I post the
critique to the net, I wouldn't mind a few reviews.  Anyone interested in
taking a look, please email your address to me, and I'll send the critique.
Here's the header:

WHY THE MOSEMANN ADA/C++ STUDIES ARE FLAWED

	I believe that there are flaws in the recent set of Mosemann studies
dealing with the economic superiority of Ada over C++. The flaws center around
downplaying commercial software activities that in the long run will lead to
lower development costs for C++. One activity is IBM's favoring of C++ over
Ada in AD/Cycle. Another is the non-existence of the Ada components industry.
Another is use of inadequate microeconomic models for comparing Ada and C++.
The last is the divorce of Ada and VHDL.

Gregory Aharonian
Source Translation & Optimization
srctran@world.std.com