From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: File manipulations in Ada.Text_IO
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:46:10 GMT
Date: 2005-08-09T02:46:10+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff wrote:

> How do you know?  ;-)  I mean, if somebody writes code that contains
> such a race condition, and their customer trips over it once in a while,
> the programmer might never find out about it.

This was internal SW, so I would have found out. I was concerned about
what might happen, so I included logging to see how often it happened
and what actually occurred when it did. After a year of use, there were
no reports of conflicts, so I took the logging out. There might have
been race conditions in the logging. Conflicts might have started
happening left and right after I took the logging out. At least I had a
warm fuzzy feeling.

--
Jeff Carter
"Whatever it is, I'm against it."