From: "Ken Garlington" <Ken.Garlington@computer.org>
Subject: Re: Positive publicity for Ada in the UK
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 13:15:30 GMT
Date: 2001-04-03T13:15:30+00:00	[thread overview]

Speaking of ComputerWeekly, Ada (and SPARK) enthusiasts may wish to read
from

http://www.computerweekly.com/chinook/campaign.asp

about a safety-critical application written in Ada (but not the SPARK
subset). It's interesting to see how poorly the magazine understands (or at
least, appears to understand) the issues related to using static code
analysis...

"Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@nospam.baesystems.com> wrote in message
: The article is here
:
:
http://www.computerweekly.co.uk/cwarchive/xtra/20010329/cwcontainer.asp?name
: =S1.HTML&SubSection=2&ct=careers
:
: reassuringly in the 'News/Careers' section :-)
:
:
: John Robinson <john@JohnRobinsonAndAssociates.com> wrote in message
: news:S0dc1MAgqxw6EwBE@jr-and-assoc.demon.co.uk...
: > Just thought I would point out that Computer Weekly in the UK have just
: > published a very favourable article on Ada as a "hot skill":
: >
: > Computer Weekly, 29th March, pp108
: >
: > I struggle to remember the mainstream computer press printing anything
: > other than ill informed and inaccurate statements about Ada in recent
: > times. It is a relief to see someone publishing hard facts at last.
: >
: > Regards.
: > --
: > John Robinson