From: "Bob Woodward" <woodyr@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: Lynx is good for Ada tasking ?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:58:25 GMT
Date: 2000-08-28T04:58:25+00:00	[thread overview]

We are using GNAT Ada95 and LynxOS.  We fully utilize the Ada95 tasking
system. We do not create Ada bindings to the POSIX system calls (this would
not be as portable).  The Ada95 runtime does this automatically.  By using
the "task body xxxy is" will create a thread within a process.  This is the
best way to create tasks that are independent of operating system and
hardware architecture.  To move the application to another operating system
or hardware architecture is to have another Ada95 compiler for the new
system.

Bob Woodward