From: "Björn Persson" <spam-away@nowhere.nil>
Subject: Re: XML Strings in Ada
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:15:29 GMT
Date: 2004-12-12T01:15:29+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert C. Leif wrote:
>    If any one wishes to see and use my code for noncommercial purposes,
> please email me.
[...]
> The sources of my Ada_Utilities will be made
> available under one of the new licenses that are derived or in the spirit of
> my Software Developers Cooperative License.

Well, my own purposes aren't commercial but my EAstrings library is
GMGPL, so maybe I shouldn't look too closely at your code then.

Anyway, one obvious difference is that your strings are bounded and mine
are unbounded. It's not clear from your specification snippet whether
the encoding is fixed at instantiation or can be changed for an
individual string. My strings can be transcoded at any time.

I wanted programs using EAstrings to be able to use all character
encodings that are available in the operating system, so I chose an
implementation where encodings are identified with names in Unix and
with numbers in Windows.

--
Bj�rn Persson                              PGP key A88682FD
                    omb jor ers @sv ge.