From: rogoff@sccm.Stanford.EDU (Brian Rogoff)
Subject: Re: Gnat 2.06 Ada95 (unix) File format????
Date: 1996/06/15
Date: 1996-06-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

ronald@ridgecrest.ca.us (Ronald Cole) writes:
   You missed the point.  Robert can be a bull in a china shop.  If
   Robert would say, "We don't have the manpower to maintain old
   releases, please download and try the lastest release" or ask the
   bloke who releases the CDROMs to include a pointer to the latest
   releases on the internet and let that be that, then a lot of people
   wouldn't have ruffled feathers.

It is pretty easy to miss that point when it wasn't even in your original
post, which attacked GNAT, not Robert Dewar! I've appended it to this message
to remind you...

In any case, I really like GNAT, and would never have learned Ada if it
didn't exist. I have reported bugs and received prompt confirmation
(from R. Dewar no less!), and estimates of when the bug would be
fixed. All free! Gruff? Maybe. Effective? Definitely!

-- Brian