From: re@waporo.muc.de (Rolf Ebert)
To: afniii@hades.arl.psu.edu
Subject: Re: HELP!!!! How do you modify the font-lock-mode for ada-mode!!
Date: 9 Dec 1994 22:49:05 +0100
Date: 1994-12-09T22:49:05+01:00	[thread overview]

Al> PLEASE HELP!!  I am a newbie at this emacs game and am having an
Al> extreamly difficult time modify it to do what I need.  I am
Al> using the GNU Emacs 19.28.1 (I installed it Wednesday).  I can
Al> get the font-lock-mode (minor) to work with c-mode, lisp-mode,
Al> and some other major modes but I can't get it to work with
Al> ada-mode!!!!  I've tried hooks and global variables and soon
Al> will take the flame throwers approach.  All I need is a simple
Al> example which demonstates how to take three or four Ada reserved
Al> words put them in the CORRECT font-lock-keywords list as to make
Al> them a specific face (ie the face font-lock-keyword-face.  I
Al> know this is the default face for the list BUT PLEASE put the
Al> font face in the command and don't let it be hidden by the
Al> default value).  I just learned lisp (Wednesday) so I don't even
Al> rate a user of the language yet so PLEASE make it simple.

Al> What I would really like is a GNU Ada 9x mode which utilizes the
Al> font-lock-mode already if thats outthere.

You should get emacs-ada-mode-2.8 at cs.nyu.edu:/pub/gnat.  It is an
ada9x(*) mode and has full support for font-lock.  Version 2.10 was posted
to gnu.emacs sources a while ago. An archive of that group is on
wuarchive.wustl.edu.

Al> I cannot use lucid emacs for various resons.

You don't need to, but you can.  With some patches Ada Mode works with
XEmacs (lemacs) as well (patches will be integrated in the next release)

Al> Please send all information to my email because I don't normally
Al> subscribe to these groups and I cross posted it to several
Al> related groups.  Thanks in advance and sorry if I posted were I
Al> shouldn't have.

You shouldn't have posted to gnu.emacs.sources. That's posting sources
only.  You can ask for help on gnu.emacs.help.

Al> Al Niessner III email: afniii@hades.arl.psu.edu voice: (814)
Al> 865-0968

BTW, as you use Emacs for programming Ada, use Emacs for composing
massages as well...

	Rolf

--
Rolf Ebert			Beratung fuer Energiesysteme und Informatik
Erich Kaestner Str. 17               Conseil en Energetique et Informatique