* Ada mode for emacs in on PAL
@ 1993-08-26 15:55 cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!howland @ 1993-08-26 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

In a previous message I wrote:

> I don't want to start an editor flame war, but the best editor (IMHO)
> that I've ever seen or used is GNU-Emacs. The latest version is 19.19
> and sould be available on any FTP site that carries GNU software. This
> version comes with a hilight package for Ada which puts keywords in
> black-bold, comments in red-italic, named parameters in brown-italic and
> so on.
>
> To get a full featured Ada mode for Emacs with templates, automatic
> indentation, online LRM and some other goodies look for a file called
> gnu-ada.tar.Z (or similar) in the GNU and emacs directories of the ftp
> sites. The most recent version to my knowledge is 1.06. If you don't
> find it, drop me a note, and I will send it to you (with some personal
> modifications).

I got too many requests for the Emacs ada-mode, so that I decided to
upload it to the PAL. It still is in the incoming directory until Rick
will put it somewhere else. I have uploaded the original copy that I had
received in 1989 from karl@grebyn.com (Karl A. Nyberg) It was specially
targeted for the Verdix compiler.

Since then I have made several modifications to the Ada-mode like
 -- compatibility with emacs19,
 -- toggling between spec and body,
 -- generation of package body stubs from the spec,
 -- automatic cursor placement from Alsys error messages (doesn't work at all)

Right now I don't want to make them public, and I don't have the time to
work on it. So either you take what is at the PAL or you are patient and
wait. I won't work on it until the end of November. If someone else
wants to continue it in the mean time, please, drop me note.

	Rolf

P.S. Emacs is not only available by ftp, but also by direct purchasing
from the FSF. Sorry, I can't e-mail 6MB around the world.
Rolf Ebert     Groupe Informatique et Systemes Energetiques     GISE EMP-ENPC
Tel: +33 1 43044098 app 3475 FAX: +33 1 43046364            La Courtine Cedex
Internet: ebert@enpc.fr                                F-93167 Noisy le Grand

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-08-26 15:55 UTC | newest]