From: "John W. Kennedy" <jwkenne@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: WARNING:  Brand-new GNAT GPL on Windows XP!
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:41:18 -0400
Date: 2007-10-11T12:41:18-04:00	[thread overview]

John W. Kennedy wrote:
> I am not certain yet that this is GNAT's fault, but I am reasonably
> certain that installing it destroyed my PATH variable by overlaying GNAT
> over it instead of appending or prepending.

After several hours spent recovering my system, I reinstalled with no
problem. That doesn't mean, however, that there isn't a problem. It
remains the case that my PATH was wiped, and the GNAT GPL 2007-1 install
is the only sensible suspect.

--
John W. Kennedy
"The first effect of not believing in God is to believe in anything...."