From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: Program error from assignment??
Date: 1998/07/22
Date: 1998-07-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

dennison@telepath.com wrote in message <6p4skk$j73$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
<snip>

>So now this turns into an "accessability level" question. The object that
is
>pointed to is declared in the declaration section of the main routine. It
>exists the entire program. I don't understand the exact rules on
accessability
>levels, but in my book I should *never* fail an accessability check with
this
>object. The access type is declared in a package spec.

The probelem with that reasoning is that there is nothing which
distibguishes your "main program" from any other library procedure which
could be called from another "ain" progeam.  Thus, the lifetime of the
object in question is only diring the execution of the subprogram.in which
it is declared.

Hope this helps,

David C. Hoos, Sr.