From: "J. David Bryan" <wqoelna@npz.bet>
Subject: Re: Does anyone have GNAT documentation in pdf-format?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:53:18 -0400
Date: 2002-06-10T11:53:18-04:00	[thread overview]

On 10 Jun 2002 07:17:53 -0700 in article
<4519e058.0206100617.1c1997da@posting.google.com>, Ted Dennison wrote...

>Supposedly there are tools to convert Texinfo files directly into pdf.

Indeed there are.  For the Windows platform, I use MiKTEX:

  http://www.miktex.org/

...regularly to produce PDF versions of the GNAT User's Guide and Reference
Manual from the Texinfo sources.  The resulting PDFs retain all of the
intersection hyperlinking of the info versions, as well as offering a sidebar
of links (bookmarks) to all of the sections and subsections.

Note: for some reason, the GNAT 3.14p documentation package for Windows
contained Texinfo sources for the Unix version of the User's Guide, rather
than the Windows-specific version included with previous releases.  A
Windows-specific version is available via CVS from:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/

...albeit targetted for a later GNAT version.
--
                                        -- Dave Bryan

NOTE: Due to unrelenting SPAM, I regret that I have been forced to post with
an encoded address.  Please ROT13 this message to obtain the reply address.
Address also available at http://www.bcpl.net/~dbryan/mailto.html

Cyrnfr ercyl gb guvf nqqerff:  wqoelna@npz.bet