From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: Port IO with Gnat
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 03:32:00 GMT
Date: 2008-09-26T03:32:00+00:00	[thread overview]

It depends on the XP or Vista security mode.  With the security mode active
a program must request and be granted rights to use the I/O instructions.
Check Win security apps for those routines. Once rights have been granted
the routines works perfectly. But, if the OS does not give the rights then a
"System I/O Access" exception will occur if you try to execute any I/O
instruction.  There are other ways (hacked) but microsoft and some schools
do not support those and it may void any hardware warranties on new
equipment or get one expelled.

But in either case, you will need to write an Ada Interface package to import
those routines to Ada.