* Is there an Ada 95 compiler for Mac OS X?
@ 2001-10-31  2:07 Michael Card
From: Michael Card @ 2001-10-31  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello CLA!

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of an Ada 95 compiler for use
on Mac OS X (the new Unix MacOS).

is a GNAT port planned, or does anyone know if Green Hills, OCC et. al.
are planning a compiler for Mac OS X?

Thanks for any insight you may have on this,

- Mike

--
Michael P. Card

* Re: Is there an Ada 95 compiler for Mac OS X?
@ 2001-10-31  3:37 ` DuckE
From: DuckE @ 2001-10-31  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know of any compilers that are currently available, but I have seen
some indication on the GCC mailing list that work is in progress to get GNAT
running on OSX.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg01266.html

SteveD

@ 2001-10-31 10:01 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2001-10-31 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Card <thehouseofcards@mac.com> wrote in message news:<301020012107106108%thehouseofcards@mac.com>...
> Hello CLA!
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there knows of an Ada 95 compiler for use
> on Mac OS X (the new Unix MacOS).
>
> is a GNAT port planned, or does anyone know if Green Hills, OCC et. al.
> are planning a compiler for Mac OS X?

I do not know of any commercial efforts to generate a compiler for Mac
OS X. There is indeed a volunteer effort,
by Jim Hopper, to generate such a compiler, and ACT is
working with him on this effort.

If you are interested in a commercial compiler with support and full
tool set etc, I would suggest you contact the various vendors to let
them know of your interest.