* Re: Alsys (ada-83) tricks wanted
       [not found] <9603151407.AA03496@most>
@ 1996-03-16  0:00 ` Frank Petranka
From: Frank Petranka @ 1996-03-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, W. Wesley Groleau (Wes) wrote:

> Is there a "non-secret" way for a user of Alsys 5.5.2A on HP RISC boxes
> to get the NAME (string) of an exception in an "others" handler?

Try System.Environment.Last_Exception

This is documented in the latest HP Alsys release notes.  Not
sure about the version number.

Disclaimer: The views or opinions expressed in this article are of the user
and do not, in any manner, reflect that of the Navy.

            Frank J. Petranka          Naval Surface Warfare Center
            (540)653-4849              Dahlgren, Va. 22448
                    fpetran@relay.nswc.navy.mil

* Re: Alsys (ada-83) tricks wanted
@ 1996-03-18  0:00 Stef Van Vlierberghe
From: Stef Van Vlierberghe @ 1996-03-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> This is posted through the info-ada gateway.  I can't read c.l.a so if it
> is not coming out right, someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Is there a "non-secret" way for a user of Alsys 5.5.2A on HP RISC boxes
> to get the NAME (string) of an exception in an "others" handler?

There is a solution which I got from customer support, so I forwarded your
message to them.

This feature is standard in 5.5.3, why don't you use 5.5.3 before you are
2 releases behind one of these weeks ?

> Is there a "non-secret" way (preferably a pragma) for the same user to
> have the raising of an exception call a user-written routine and for the
> user's routine to call the normal run-time exception handler?

No. What would you like to do inthere ?

If you just want visibility, 5.5.3 has a binder option (which can also be
triggered dynamically, but that's "secret"), to give you an Ada level
stack trace (like the one 5.5.2 gives for unhandled exceptions that
terminate the environment task) for handled exceptions and exceptions
terminating a task.

> W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)                                Office: 219-429-4923
> Magnavox - Mail Stop 10-40                               Home: 219-471-7206
> Fort Wayne,  IN   46808              elm (Unix): wwgrol@pseserv3.fw.hac.com
Stef Van Vlierberghe            Eurocontrol - CFMU room 22238
stef@cfmu.eurocontrol.be        Raketstraat 96
Tel: +32 2 729 97 32            B-1130 BRUSSELS
Fax: +32 2 729 90 22            Belgium