From: Jeff Carter <jcarter@CapAccess.org>
To: comp.lang.ada@list.deja.com
Subject: Re: Packages and Subpackages - style question
Date: 1999/07/29
Date: 1999-07-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999, William Starner wrote:

> I'm writing a library that has some high level routines that interface to some
> lower level routines. These lower level routines can be used directly, just with
> more care, and more worry about changing versions.
>
> Is it more appropriate to name the lower level packages nla23.internal_blah or
> nla23.internal.blah? That is, should an empty package nla23.internal be made
> soley to hold the internal structures?

This is entirely a matter of taste and you should use whichever appeals
to you more. However, if there are many low-level packages, using
Parent.Low_Level.Whatever allows the client to "use Parent.Low_Level;"
and then refer to the low-level packages simply as Whatever_1, Whatever_2,
and so on.

Jeff Carter

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail