From: Gordy <gbissell@coventry.ac.uk>
Subject: Direct memory access
Date: 1999/03/25
Date: 1999-03-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm using GNAT v3.11 for IBM PC platforms.

I'm trying to write some code to allow direct access to memory (for
testing memory on an embedded system). I simply want something like 'C'
pointers, so I can write/read values to a given memory address.

I've had a look at the Machine_Code package (to write my own functions)
but there must be a better way (i.e is there a function in the System
package which will allow writes to memory given a value and a
System.Address)?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gordon.