From: stefan-lucks@see-the.signature
Subject: Re: Embedded systems programmers worldwide earn failing grades in C
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:09:20 +0100
Date: 2010-01-26T15:09:20+01:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Brian Drummond wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:22:24 -0800, Keith Thompson <kst-u@mib.org> wrote:
>
> >Brian Drummond <brian_drummond@btconnect.com> writes:
> >[...]
> >
> >A better answer IMHO is:
> >
> >    Seconds_Per_Year : constant := 60 * 60 * 24 * 365;
> >
> >Why specify subtype Natural if you don't need to?

Yes, this either compiles and does what one would expect, or it doesn't
compile -- depending on compiler and target.

> My feeling is that it's easier to find the right answers with Ada, but a
> feeling isn't very convincing.

The good thing about Ada is that very often the compiler just won't
compile your flawed program, instead of doing some some "random" stuff, as
in many other languages.

So long

--
------ Stefan Lucks   --  Bauhaus-University Weimar  --   Germany  ------
               Stefan dot Lucks at uni minus weimar dot de