From: stefan-lucks@see-the.signature
Subject: Re: A little smile...
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:38:58 +0200
Date: 2009-06-16T08:38:58+02:00	[thread overview]

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Brian wrote:

> <snip>
> >   "Used without discipline, C++ can lead to code that is
> > incomprehensible, unmaintainable, inextensible, inefficient, and just
> > plain wrong." -- Scott Meyers, Effective C++
> </snip>
>
> "Used WITH discipline,  same thing!" -- Brian Salter, Defective C++

That is the difference. In Ada, you begin writing your program by typing
the line

with Discipline; use Discipline;

and then your program is comprehensible, maintainable, extensible,
efficient, and just plainly the right thing. ;-)

Thus, I urgently need Discipline! Where can I download spec and body?

To be honest and fair, any programming language can lead to code that is
incomprehensible and so on, when used without discipline.

--
------ Stefan Lucks   --  Bauhaus-University Weimar  --   Germany  ------
               Stefan dot Lucks at uni minus weimar dot de