From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet@gnat.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT Programming System Problems
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:10:58 +0200
Date: 2004-06-22T17:10:58+02:00	[thread overview]

> Ah, if it were only that easy.  I work on a project where we have a
> contract with ACT so I can get the latest tools but the powers that be
> will not step up to the newer compilers.  We're over 3 years behind
> and there is no concrete plan to modernize.

If you're 3 years behind for all GNAT tools, it means you are not
even using GPS, so you can't possibly have the problem with the
Pretty_Printer package anyway :-)

If only your compiler has to be 3 years behind and you are allowed to use
more recent versions of other tools (e.g. GPS), as is the case for
many of our customers, then you can simply use the current GPS Pro
version, see below.

> I agree with the original poster that having to comment out the
> "pretty print" section of every project every time you make a change
> is a real pain.  It should not be a fatal error to have some unused
> feature in the project file!

Current GPS Pro versions do not generate any Printer_Package by default,
so that's not an issue there either, even if you're using an old version
of GNAT.

This will also be included into the next academic release of GPS.

Arno