* Ada Futures Casbah now robust
@ 2000-12-22  9:56 Mario Amado Alves
From: Mario Amado Alves @ 2000-12-22  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

The Casbah system, supporting the Ada Futures Casbah inter alia

  http://lexis.di.fct.unl.pt/ADaLIB/Ada_Futures/casbah.cgi

has been incremented with a robustness feature: Edit operations now time
out after 10 minutes. This is to prevent unterminated edits of making the
page uneditable forever. A finer method is planned for the 3rd millenium
;-)

The Ada Futures Casbah has been hit 200 times by 50 different visitors
since its announcement which took place yesterday in CLA only:

  Thanks, adaphiles!

But it seems there was no successful edits :-(

That was perhaps due to the problem above, so, now that this is fixed,
please give it another try. A nice thing would be to put there links to Ada
futures related sites (Robert Dewar, for one, purports such things exist).

See you in the casbah.

| |,| | | |RuaFranciscoTaborda24RcD 2815-249CharnecaCaparica 351+939354005
|M|A|R|I|O|

* Re: Ada Futures Casbah now robust
@ 2000-12-22 13:21 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2000-12-22 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Out of curiosity, I tried to go to the web page you cite here. It required a
user name and password. I suspect something is amiss...

MDC

Mario Amado Alves wrote:

> The Casbah system, supporting the Ada Futures Casbah inter alia
>
>   http://lexis.di.fct.unl.pt/ADaLIB/Ada_Futures/casbah.cgi
>
> has been incremented with a robustness feature: Edit operations now time
> out after 10 minutes. This is to prevent unterminated edits of making the
> page uneditable forever. A finer method is planned for the 3rd millenium
> ;-)
>
> The Ada Futures Casbah has been hit 200 times by 50 different visitors
> since its announcement which took place yesterday in CLA only:
>
>   Thanks, adaphiles!
>
> But it seems there was no successful edits :-(
>
> That was perhaps due to the problem above, so, now that this is fixed,
> please give it another try. A nice thing would be to put there links to Ada
> futures related sites (Robert Dewar, for one, purports such things exist).
>
> See you in the casbah.
>
> | |,| | | |RuaFranciscoTaborda24RcD 2815-249CharnecaCaparica 351+939354005
> |M|A|R|I|O|

Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

    "Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey
    and car keys to teenage boys."

        --   P. J. O'Rourke

* Re: Ada Futures Casbah now robust
@ 2001-01-02 12:36   ` Mario Amado Alves
From: Mario Amado Alves @ 2001-01-02 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> Out of curiosity, I tried to go to the web page you cite here. It
> required a user name and password. I suspect something is amiss...

Yes, you just missed a previous posting of mine with those elements:

Nome  => adaphile
Passe => :)ot

(The attribute names are in portuguese to cheat the list moderation
system.)