* ADA and the web
@ 2000-09-02  7:11 Miky
From: Miky @ 2000-09-02  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just discovered ADA (too late huh) and I'm wondering if there some
resources out there that focus on ADA in web development and network
programming (ie. sockets etc..).
Thanks.

* Re: ADA and the web
@ 2000-09-02 13:33 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2000-09-02 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miky wrote:

> I just discovered ADA (too late huh) and I'm wondering if there some
> resources out there that focus on ADA in web development and network
> programming (ie. sockets etc..).
> Thanks.

To start with, Ada should be spelled "Ada" - not "ADA". Many of us get
kind of fussy about that for some reason. :-)

The place to start looking is: http://www.Adapower.com/ There is some
simple socket code on my web site (see trailer). I don't know
specifically about any locations that deal with Ada and web development
- which doesn't mean there isn't anything there. I do know that there is
ample support for building network software in Ada and the best place to
start looking is at Adapower.

MDC
Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

    "Take away the punchbowl just when the party gets going"

        --  William McChesney Martin, Former Fed chairman, explaining
            what a sound central bank must always do.

* Re: ADA and the web
@ 2000-09-02 14:43   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2000-09-02 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miky wrote:

> I just discovered ADA (too late huh) and I'm wondering if there some
> resources out there that focus on ADA in web development and network
> programming (ie. sockets etc..).
> Thanks.

You could have a look at the AWS project on my homepage. It is an all Ada
implementation of the HTTP protocol which let you develop Web server...
and no surprise it use some sockets :)

Direct access to the contrib section:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Pascal.