From: root <root@vf700f.msfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Using ADA procedures from C
Date: 1997/05/15
Date: 1997-05-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On 14 May 1997, Rune Wemberg wrote:

> Robert Dewar (dewar@merv.cs.nyu.edu) wrote:
> > Rune says
>
> > <<In the gnat reference manual I have read that it is possible to
> > call ADA procedures from a C procedure. There are of course no
> > examples.>>
>
> > Now if your question is about how to compile and run such programs, then
> > of course you look in the users guide, not the reference manual (the
> > latter is only about language features and their syntax and semantics).
> I know, I know....
>
> > In the users guide, you may find the section
>
> >    Mixed Language Programming
>
> > helpful, it is an entire node, so it's hard to miss!
>
> I have 5 different user guides for Ada 95. None of theese
> are discussing my problem. None of them got the section
> you are referring to.
>
> At the Internet, there are a site at http://www.adahome.com,
> which have the RM for Ada 95, but no users guide.
>
> Exactly what users guide are you referring to?
>
> --
> Rune Wemberg
> ruw@ffi.no

Hello,

I'm apparently trying to do something similar to Mr. Wemberg.  I have the
users guide referred to by Mr. Dewar.  It does mention mixed language
programming.  I have another guide that came with the GNAT installation.
It shows an example that doesn't appear to be correct.  I also have J.G.P.
Barnes Ada text, which has little information about the use of Convention,
Import, or Export.

I am trying to call a simple Ada procedure from a C++ program.  I can
compile, link/bind, etc, each item individually and they run fine.  I
cannot get them set up and linked together however.  I have followed the
procedure in the GNAT users guide without success.  Any other hints that
might be helpful?  TIA.

AE

address e-mail replies to:
eliasson@logan.msfc.nasa.gov