* Getting started with CORBA
@ 1998-05-21  0:00 Chris Miller
From: Chris Miller @ 1998-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can any suggest some Internet references for an experianced Ada person
who wants an introduction to CORBA.

I am sure that ther is a lot of information out there - what I want is a
good technical overview of where CORBA is at and how it is being used
with Ada.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Miller
chrismil@ozemail.com.au

* Re: Getting started with CORBA
@ 1998-05-21  0:00 ` Andreas Jungmaier
From: Andreas Jungmaier @ 1998-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Miller

> Can any suggest some Internet references for an experianced Ada person
> who wants an introduction to CORBA.
>
> I am sure that ther is a lot of information out there - what I want is a
> good technical overview of where CORBA is at and how it is being used
> with Ada.

Hello Chris (and all others),
you will find a lot of infos on http://linas.org/linux/corba.html
which is a linux related site, but that shouldn't be much of a
problem, right ? :-)

Ciao, Andreas
Andreas Jungmaier  		ajung@teisa.unican.es

* Re: Getting started with CORBA
@ 1998-05-21  0:00 ` Brad Balfour
From: Brad Balfour @ 1998-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris

In article <3563B5C0.7928@ozemail.com.au>, Chris Miller
<chrismil@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>From: Chris Miller <chrismil@ozemail.com.au>
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
>Subject: Getting started with CORBA
>Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:04:00 +1000
>
>Can any suggest some Internet references for an experianced Ada person
>who wants an introduction to CORBA.
>
>I am sure that ther is a lot of information out there - what I want is a
>good technical overview of where CORBA is at and how it is being used
>with Ada.

We at Objective Interface supply ORBexpress - a CORBA ORB for Ada 95. You can
find lots of information on CORBA and Ada in general and on ORBexpress
specifically at http://www.ois.com/

You'll also find some examples of projects using CORBA and Ada 95 as links off
our web page. One of these is Lawrence Livermore Labs National Ignition
Facility which is using CORBA and Ada 95 to drive a 192 laser fusion reaction
test facility. Their direct URL is: http://lasers.llnl.gov/lasers/nif/ICCS/
and http://lasers.llnl.gov/lasers/nif/ICCS/corba.html describes their use of
CORBA.

I hope that this helps.