From: Fernando Tricas <ftricas@tsc1.cps.unizar.es>
Subject: Different behavior of get_immediate in different OSs
Date: 1999/01/14
Date: 1999-01-14T18:02:04+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

Compiler: gnat-3.10

Windows95 -> works as defined and does not make echo of the characters
             read.

Irix, linux, SunOS -> works as defined but does echo of the characters

HP/UX -> does not work ... it needs the return key to be pressed in order
         to work.

The Ada Reference Manual says nothing about get_immediate echoing or not
so, I think the first two behaviors are ok (?) but (as I understand the
RM) the third one is not.

Any hints, docs to read, ideas??

Thank you,

Fernando Tricas
P.S.: interested in get_immediate without echo ... any standard and
portable way to do so?