* Question about compiling
@ 1997-01-20  0:00 Chia-Ching Wang
From: Chia-Ching Wang @ 1997-01-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have trouble compiling Ada programs. I tried to use gnatmake filename,
but keep getting the error message such as
 gcc -c screen.adb
gcc: screen.adb: linker input file unused since linking not done
gnatmake: "screen.ali" WARNING file not found after compile
Can someone tell me how to compile Ada programs and also how to run them
after compilation?  Thanks.

* Re: Question about compiling
@ 1997-01-21  0:00 ` Jay Joiner
From: Jay Joiner @ 1997-01-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chia-Ching Wang wrote:

> I have trouble compiling Ada programs. I tried to use gnatmake filename,
> but keep getting the error message such as
>  gcc -c screen.adb
> gcc: screen.adb: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gnatmake: "screen.ali" WARNING file not found after compile
> Can someone tell me how to compile Ada programs and also how to run them
> after compilation?  Thanks.

We just saw this after re-installing GNAT on Unix, and I think the
problem was failure to install the GNAT1 executable. Try running "gcc -c
screen.adb" by itself and noting the error message...
--
Jay Joiner
Monument, Colorado