From: Richard Riehle <rriehle@nunic.nu.edu>
To: Bertrand Meyer <bertrand@eiffel.com>
Subject: Re: TOOLS Europe and USA calls for papers on line
Date: 1997/01/11
Date: 1997-01-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

From:    Richard Riehle
To:      comp.lang.ada
Subject: Tools Conference Call for Papers

First, a disclaimer. I have no financial interest in this conference
though I have agreed to be a member of the Program Committee for
Tools USA.

I would like to plug this conference. During the past several years
that I have attended it, I have found it to be technically excellent
as well as a good place to engage in dialogue with serious
practitioners in object technology.  One of the things I like about
Tools USA is that is one of those rare conferences which
has not turned into a circus dominated by sales people selling to
other salespeople.

Now that Ada is a full-fledged OOP language, it would make sense for
those in the Ada commmunity with original work that contributes to the
wider understanding of object technology to consider submitting
papers.  In particular, it would seem to be appropriate to see original
papers on object technology for safe-software and the role of object
technology for real-time and concurrency.

Keep in mind that this is a referreed conference. Papers are evaluated
for originality, technical excellence, and clarity of presentation. I
hope to see some of the leaders from the Ada community contibuting to
the already high quality of this conference in the future.