From: Richard Riehle <rriehle@nunic.nu.edu>
Subject: Re: INFO-ADA Digest - 20 Nov 1996 to 21 Nov 1996
Date: 1996/11/26
Date: 1996-11-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Adrian B.Y. Hoe wrote:

> Try ObjectAda 7.0 for Windows from Aonix, formerly Thomson Software Products.
>
> VisualAda? Borland Ada? No way! These are lay-man tools. If you thinking of
> doing serious software engineering, Visual and Borland may not be the
> ideal tools.

  Also look at CLAW, a visual Ada development for Windows 95/NT from RR
  Software which works with ObjectAda, GNAT, and RR's own Janus compiler,
  and will probably work with the Ada 95 NT  compilers from DDC-I and
  Rational when those compilers are released.

  I think both ObjectAda and CLAW will be demonstrated at Tri-Ada.

  Additionally, someone from IBM told me at the last STC that VisualAge
  supported Ada.  In fact, I think VisualAge supports the Ada 95 compiler
  from OC Systems.  Ralph Crafts, if he is looking in, can confirm this.

  Richard Riehle