* Help with Curses and OS/2 (thats PDcurses!)
@ 1996-06-08  0:00 Tim and Jennifer Erickson
From: Tim and Jennifer Erickson @ 1996-06-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
I have been trying to get PDCurses built to run on OS/2 and am having
some trouble.  I acquired the latest distribution, which, by the way,
has OS/2 support, from GWU's ez2load site and have run into a problem
with the last line in Build.Bat (now build.cmd)

	gnatbl tuidemo.ali macros.o twid.o -lcurso

everything runs fine until I reach -lcurso and then gnatbl complains
it cannot find the file.  I can understand that as I can't find the
file either.

Looking through the docs and files it struck me that perhaps I should
complie the headers Curses.H, Curspriv.h, etc. No good.

IF this is the right avenue to go to get a " curso " file would
someone please explain how to do it.  Before you jump on me note that
I do not have expierence with the C language and my only exposure to
gcc et al is with gnat on OS/2 ( some gnat DOS but that is an annoying story...).

IF compiling those header files is the right way to go could someone
point out the relevant switches or the proper DOCS to refer to.

If this is the wrong route then perhaps someone could e-mail me and
allow me to describe my system setup to see if this cannot be sorted
out.

Please e-mail me if possible since ibm.net has been having HORRIBLE
usenet and e-mail service lately, however, the e-mail is the lesser of
two evils.

Thanks

Tim

Tim and Jennifer Erickson	Still waiting for finger service
tjerick@ibm.net             so e-mail for PGP public key

* Re: Help with Curses and OS/2 (thats PDcurses!)
@ 1996-06-10  0:00 ` John Howard
From: John Howard @ 1996-06-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim and Jennifer Erickson

[deletions]
On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Tim and Jennifer Erickson wrote:
> 	gnatbl tuidemo.ali macros.o twid.o -lcurso
>
> everything runs fine until I reach -lcurso and then gnatbl complains
> it cannot find the file.  I can understand that as I can't find the
> file either.
> Tim

In pdc22.zip
CONTRIB/PDCURS22/LIB\
LIBCURSO.A       91048  11 Feb 96  16:41:58

In  \DJGPP\DOCS\DJGPPFAQ.TXT
8.7 Unresolved externals when linking programs

**Q*: Why do I get so many unresolved symbols when linking my programs?*

*A* :  By default, GCC instructs the linker to only look in two libraries:
`libgcc.a' and `libc.a'.  Some functions aren't included there, so the
linker can't find them.  GPL library routines, like obstack and regex
packages are in `libgpl.a' library; append `-lgpl' to the link command
line to use them.  To use C++ classes in the `libgpp.a' (it's called
`libg++.a' on Unix systems), append `-lgpp'.  If you only use the
`iostream' classes and don't want your program to be affected by the GNU
Copyleft, use the `libiostream.a' library by appending `-liostream' (these
are also included in the `libgpp.a' library).

  8.8 How not to lose your head with all these libraries

-- John Howard <jhoward@sky.net>