From: John Howard <jhoward@sky.net>
To: Tim and Jennifer Erickson <tjerick@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Help with Curses and OS/2 (thats PDcurses!)
Date: 1996/06/10
Date: 1996-06-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

[deletions]
On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Tim and Jennifer Erickson wrote:
> 	gnatbl tuidemo.ali macros.o twid.o -lcurso
>
> everything runs fine until I reach -lcurso and then gnatbl complains
> it cannot find the file.  I can understand that as I can't find the
> file either.
> Tim

In pdc22.zip
CONTRIB/PDCURS22/LIB\
LIBCURSO.A       91048  11 Feb 96  16:41:58

In  \DJGPP\DOCS\DJGPPFAQ.TXT
8.7 Unresolved externals when linking programs

**Q*: Why do I get so many unresolved symbols when linking my programs?*

*A* :  By default, GCC instructs the linker to only look in two libraries:
`libgcc.a' and `libc.a'.  Some functions aren't included there, so the
linker can't find them.  GPL library routines, like obstack and regex
packages are in `libgpl.a' library; append `-lgpl' to the link command
line to use them.  To use C++ classes in the `libgpp.a' (it's called
`libg++.a' on Unix systems), append `-lgpp'.  If you only use the
`iostream' classes and don't want your program to be affected by the GNU
Copyleft, use the `libiostream.a' library by appending `-liostream' (these
are also included in the `libgpp.a' library).

  8.8 How not to lose your head with all these libraries

-- John Howard <jhoward@sky.net>