From: Richard Riehle <rriehle@nunic.nu.edu>
Subject: Re: want opinions:  GUI building environments
Date: 1996/09/11
Date: 1996-09-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, dave wrote:

> If anyone has strong opinions or suggestions about Ada-based GUI
> development environments, please let me know.
>
> The best product I have seen information about so far, seems to be
> ObjectAda from Thomson.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

  There is a product on the way from RR Software that is a "thick"
  binding to Windows 95 and Windows NT.  It is somewhat similar to
  Microsoft Foundation Class (maybe a little higher level even than
  MFC) and should work, when ready, with Thomson's compiler, GNAT,
  RR Software's compiler, as well as any other Win 95/NT compiler.

  You might want to check with Ian Goldberg of RR Software to get
  more information. They are in Madison, Wisconsin.  Phone number
  I have (although I think they also have an 800 number) is:
   (608) 251-3133

  The important thing about this product is that it should work with
  everyone's Ada compiler for NT/95 eventually.

  Richard Riehle