* Q:Task Identification ?
@ 1998-05-06  0:00 Margarit Nickolov
From: Margarit Nickolov @ 1998-05-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using DEC Ada compiler under OpenVMS_AXP v7.1.

Is there any way to obtain task identifier which differs
one task from the others in one program ?

my email-address: man@school.digsys.bg.

* Re: Q:Task Identification ?
@ 1998-05-08  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1998-05-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Margarit Nickolov wrote:

> I am using DEC Ada compiler under OpenVMS_AXP v7.1.
>
> Is there any way to obtain task identifier which differs
> one task from the others in one program ?

see the standard package Ada.Task_Identification

-- Stephe

* Re: Q:Task Identification ?
@ 1998-05-08  0:00   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1998-05-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <35534370.3F2B8149@gsfc.nasa.gov>, Stephen Leake <stephen.leake@gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
> Margarit Nickolov wrote:
>>
>> I am using DEC Ada compiler under OpenVMS_AXP v7.1.
>>
>> Is there any way to obtain task identifier which differs
>> one task from the others in one program ?
>
> see the standard package Ada.Task_Identification

That might be the answer for Ada 95, but DEC Ada is Ada 83.

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: Q:Task Identification ?
@ 1998-05-10  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1998-05-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

<<I am using DEC Ada compiler under OpenVMS_AXP v7.1.

Is there any way to obtain task identifier which differs
one task from the others in one program ?

Look at the package Get_Task_Info, which is part of the DEC Ada 83 distribution
for OpenVMS (and is therefore also included in the GNAT OpenVMS implementation
of Ada 95).

GET_CURRENT_TASK_TYPE_NAME gives the (string) name of the task type

If you have multiple tasks of the same type, then you can use
GET_CURRENT_TASK_ID which returns a unique NATURAL value to
distinguish them (e.g. convert this number to a decimal digit string).

There is no way to get the name of the task object in DEC Ada (Ada 95
does not guarantee that such a method exists either, but you can
expect Ada.Task_Identification.Image to do something useful (and
in particular with GNAT, you get a unique and usefully informative string,
that deals with arrays of tasks etc.)