From: Didier Utheza <ddutheza@bu.edu>
Subject: Re: About Interfacing Ada to other languages.
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:39:41 -0400
Date: 2001-07-30T19:39:41-04:00	[thread overview]

Thanks for your answer Ehud,
My wish would be to be able to call directly a Prolog module from an ada
system without having to deal with a C interface. By that I mean using a
Prolog module called from an Ada system that would be able to exchange
information with it. This should be possible in theory since there are
interfaces with Fortran and Cobol. One of the advantage of an Ada/Prolog
system is (if I can say) to give a mind to a body.
A similar thing is hapening with java/Prolog as you said but it is
more network oriented if i understood well. In our case, the goal would be
to create simple models of living systems. From what you said, it looks
like the simple solution would be to pass through a c interface since, for
example, SWI-prolog is ready for it. But it would be nice one day to be
able not to use c for such work. Interfacing between two different code is
difficult enough without having to introduce the criptic aspect of c.
I have at my disposition Feldman and Koffman 's Ada95 book as well as
Barnes'book, but the topic of language interfacing is beyond them.
Thanks again anyway.
				Didier Utheza.