* Re: www.gnuada.org
       [not found]   ` <1999Sep21.075412.1@eisner>
@ 1999-09-25  0:00     ` Ehud Lamm
From: Ehud Lamm @ 1999-09-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Larry Kilgallen wrote:

|Informally funded web sites wax and wane in their update frequency and
|sometimes go away.
|
|Even formally funded web sites wax and wane in their update frequency
|and sometimes go away.

This is an other aspect of the issue. See what happned to AdaHome, right?
But I still think that a central, known to all, repository is "A Good
Thing."

By the way, CPAN is highly mirrored.

Ehud Lamm mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm <== My home on the web
Check it out and subscribe to the E-List- for interesting essays and more!

@ 1999-09-28  0:00     ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Currently I find AdaPower most useful as it has an up-to-date set
> of easily located links to _other_ web sites.

It also has many megs of its own content and projects updated daily. I
would hardly consider AdaPower a "Jump Station" or Another Link Page as
a huge percentage of all new Ada content on the web is being generated
there including a number of important projects:

GNACK - CORBA for Ada
AdaCOM - COM support for Ada
The Ada Source Code Treasury - Megs of reusable code and code samples
The Ada Resource Treasury - Just added, get your free listing!
http://www.adapower.com/411
AdaWin - Free Win32 bingings
OS in Ada Project
The Ada Components Design Environment

and more!

--
David Botton
www.AdaPower.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: www.gnuada.org
       [not found] ` <7s4met$ris@drn.newsguy.com>
@ 1999-09-29  0:00   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I sent out a message earlier that mentioned I was starting work on such a
project in a CPAN style (as per Ehud Lamm's comments). I don't think it
actually made it to the newsgroup (didn't see it at deja). I am very open to
getting more people involved to do it on AdaPower, or to help some one do it
on their site. I will be working on some Ada CGI code to automate the
process soon and hope to get sites like ASCE/PAL to mirror it / host it
along with anyone else interested.

Let me know where you are thinking about going with this.

BTW, have you taken a look at the reuse page on AdaPower
(http://www.adapower.com/reuse). Every known working Ada95 project/package
should be there or on the lab page (http://www.adapower.com/lab). If there
is one missing let me know.

David Botton