From: Ehud Lamm <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: Software Development
Date: 2000/04/28
Date: 2000-04-28T10:53:56+00:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Chris wrote:

|What is the Software Capability Maturity Model and how can I find out
|information on it?

The CMM is a standard that tries to capture good software engineering
practices. It is a five layer structure, from completley unstructured
development to repeatable and measurable production.
In order to move from each level to the next you have to do have specified
practices (like cofig mngmt etc.)

You can find out much more at the SEI:
 Linkname: Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Home Page

(there are also discussion on comp.software-eng)

Some links can be find from the links page on my site (go to Ada/Misc.
Pages, and do a find fro "cmm". Alas the site seems to be not functioning
at this time, but I hope it is a temporary problem, solved by the time you
read this).

Ehud Lamm mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm <== My home on the web
Check it out and subscribe to the E-List- for interesting essays and more!