From: Patrick Richard Wibbeler <pwibbele@trumpet.aix.calpoly.edu>
Subject: Re: Ada 101
Date: 1996/05/22
Date: 1996-05-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On 16 May 1996, Kenneth Mays wrote:

> In my quest for the ultimate Ada83 tutorial book, does
> anyone know of a superior training book on teaching nonprogrammers a
> first computer science course on Ada programming? I've scanned many
> Ada books, but none that are as good as some books on C++ (C++ Primer
> Plus).
>
> I need a book that ANYONE can read and understand with minimal
> difficulty. Does such a  book exist for the Ada market?!

Mr. Mays,
I learned Ada -for all practical purposes my first language- using the
Feldman/Koffman "Ada Problem Solving and Program Design (1993, Addison
Wesley) text.  This is the best text I have had for any course.  It is
simple to read, and has really good examples.  I know Michael Feldman
posts to this group once in a while, so I am sure the name of his text
will come up, but I figured I'd add my endorsement from a student's
perspective. The book introduces the "development process" as well as the
actual coding and finished project.  I have advanced beyond my CS1 class and
still refer to it as a reference even when I am not programming in Ada.
	Patrick Wibbeler