* Re: Ada95 for Win 95 Reviewers Wanted
@ 1996-03-28  0:00 Sundog Software
From: Sundog Software @ 1996-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

RD>                                                         Relatively
RD>few programs these days are written by making direct calls to the X or
RD>windows interface, instead GUI's are built with high level tools. It is
RD>these tools that need porting to Ada,
Not everything in windows is GUI so it's kind of hard to depend on a GUI
builder for everything.  Even part's of the Windows GUI I would think
are impossible to build with a GUI builder since they are intended to be
used to construct indirect dialogs etc at runtime instead of staticly.

RD>universally implemented thin binding is what is needed. The intermetrics
RD>bindings are intended as a candidate for this purpose.
I believe RR Softwaer is considering also supporting the Intermetrics binding
if they have the time but they are not funded to do so.

SC>I won't disagree that thin bindings may be more important than thick
SC>ones (especially when GUI builder tools are involved), but that's not
SC>what RR have produced!
Actually RR Software has produced it's own thin binding several years ago.
They are in the progress of producing a thick binding with a GUI builder.

Sundog.Software@Msn.FullFeed.Com

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-03-28  0:00 UTC | newest]