* Worried about Y2K?
@ 1999-02-22  0:00 alwynaubrey
From: alwynaubrey @ 1999-02-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Come to comp.software.year-2000 where the expert programers debate the issues,
discuss the facts, dispell the rumors and generally have a wonderful time trying
to figure out if this is the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

* Re: Worried about Y2K?
@ 1999-02-23  0:00 ` budgie
From: budgie @ 1999-02-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:42:52 -0800, alwynaubrey@earthlink.net wrote:

>Come to comp.software.year-2000 where the expert programers debate the issues,
>discuss the facts, dispell the rumors and generally have a wonderful time trying
>to figure out if this is the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

Time left ;-) is better spent going to www.firmware.com and seeing
what the real issues are and what the real fixes are.  Tho' I guess it
depends on whether you're into facts or just endless debate.

Peter

Remove the NOWHERE from reply address

* Re: Worried about Y2K?
@ 1999-02-23  0:00 ` Andy Kushner
From: Andy Kushner @ 1999-02-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

alwynaubrey@earthlink.net wrote in message
<36D24DEC.77033A28@earthlink.net>...
>Come to comp.software.year-2000 where the expert programers debate the
issues,
>discuss the facts, dispell the rumors and generally have a wonderful time
trying
>to figure out if this is the beginning of the end or the end of the
beginning?

The c.s.y2k group is indeed quite interesting, look at it every day.

There are a fair number of crossposts to alt.misc.survivalism to give
you an idea of the breadth of readers of that ng.

However, the comp.software.year-2000.tech  newsgroup is moderated, and
the discussion there tend to be more technical.  Unfortunately, not all
servers carry that group, so if you can't find it you need to make some
calls to get it added.

Andy Kushner

* Re: Worried about Y2K?
@ 1999-02-23  0:00 ` Bjorn Helgason
From: Bjorn Helgason @ 1999-02-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

alwynaubrey@earthlink.net wrote:>
> Come to comp.software.year-2000 where the expert programers debate the issues,

If you is on of the programers and the rest of you do not even know how
to spel-chek
your mesages it is probably the end of the end of yor exper cariers.

--------------------------------------
Gosi
t-post:gosi@centrum.is simi:5625441

* Re: Worried about Y2K?
@ 1999-02-25  0:00   ` Jerry Gitomer
From: Jerry Gitomer @ 1999-02-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bjorn,

    Programmers do knot knead to know howl to spell.  They only have too bee
consistent in their miss-spellings!

regards

Jerry Gitomer