From: Ed Falis <efalis@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: AUnit
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 05:06:54 GMT
Date: 2000-11-20T05:06:54+00:00	[thread overview]

Vincent Marciante wrote:
> Ed Falis wrote:
>>
>> By the way, we're actively soliciting feedback on it.
>>
>> - Ed
>
> A small yet real example of its expected use would be good.
> I checked the web site with the original paper but the way/reason to
> utilize the framwork still is not clear to me.
>
> Vinny

Pop up to the top of the site to read about Extreme Programming, which
is what got me started on this.  Or pick up Kent Beck's "Extreme
Programming Explained".

The idea behind the package, which is a clone of similar packages done
for other languages, is to allow quick and convenient unit test
development and use while developing your production code.  With
sufficent unit tests in place, you can modify software to keep it clean
and enhance it with more confidence than you could otherwise.  Yes, I
know tests don't prove that sw is defect-free, if anyone is about to
raise that one.  It's just another tool in the box.

- Ed