* invoke gnatmake under emacs
@ 1999-10-31  0:00 hhk209
From: hhk209 @ 1999-10-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there anyway I can compile my program WITHIN emacs?  Currently, I
can compile my program inside the shell, but when I invoke compile command
in emacs, I got the following:

cd /home/hhk209/programLang/hmk1/
gnatmake test2.ada
.mycshrc: No such file or directory.
gnatmake: Command not found

Similar question.  is ada fully integrated into gdb like the way c++ and c
does?  if not, what kind of software / setting do I need to do?

Thanks in adance

Harv

* Re: invoke gnatmake under emacs
@ 1999-11-01  0:00 ` John McCabe
From: John McCabe @ 1999-11-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hhk209@sparky.cs.nyu.edu () wrote:

>cd /home/hhk209/programLang/hmk1/
>gnatmake test2.ada
>.mycshrc: No such file or directory.
>gnatmake: Command not found

Looks to me like you have a line in your .cshrc file that runs
mycshrc e.g.:

source .mycshrc

If you change that line to:

source ~/.mycshrc

it may work. The problem is that the path to GNAT is not being set up,
probably due to this error.

Best Regards
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>

* Re: invoke gnatmake under emacs
@ 1999-11-01  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-11-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <P72T3.29$GD5.3545@typhoon.nyu.edu>,
  hhk209@sparky.cs.nyu.edu () wrote:
> Is there anyway I can compile my program WITHIN emacs?  Currently, I

> .mycshrc: No such file or directory.
> gnatmake: Command not found

To my uneducated eye this looks like some kind of setup problem with
your shell. Where is it getting the word ".mycshrc" from?

> Similar question.  is ada fully integrated into gdb like the way c++
and c

On my NT system Gnat installs with its own copy of gdb. I can't speak
for your setup, but I bet there's someone there at the NYU CS department
who can answer your question in detail. :-)

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.